I am a certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor and have been using QuickBooks Accounting Software for at least 7 years. I have recently switched over to Xero Accounting System. It is a cloud product based out of New Zealand. I have been using this product for a few months and so far so good. I am really liking it.
So what make this so great you ask, well, it works for my business because:
1) I can access my information from my iPhone, (they have a nice app).
2) Plays well with others, I use Workflowmax and the inegration between the two is nice and simple. Plays well with Freshbooks as well, and the list gets longer.
3) Bank Feeds and import of bank transactions. I have a Paypal feed which once I set up I don’t have to do a damn thing to it, information comes in. You can import a .csv file easily from your bank.
4) Finally a decent cash flow report that I don’t have to manipulate. The cashflow report in QuickBooks wasn’t my favorite, it took some work. In Xero I ran the report and there it was.
5) Customer Service is great. I asked a question, I got an answer the next day. Usually when I go to QuickBooks tech support, they are trying to upsell me, or I know more about the software that the person reading from the script.
6) QuickBooks was trying to be all things to all businesses it got a little cluttered. Xero sticks to the basics, clean and simple.
There is still some more work to do, like adding more US Bank Feeds to their roster and a small Paypal issue that they are working on. Currently you cannot print checks out of the system, but I understand that it will soon.
It isn’t a solution for every business, but if you are a service provider/mobile warrior you should give it some consideration.